Re-Opening of the Brick House

Brick House

The Brick House and its companion work, the Glass House, were designed by Philip Johnson, AIA Gold Medal and Pritzker Architecture Prize winner. Completed in 1949, the Brick House is 55 feet long and contains all support systems necessary for the functioning of both buildings. Johnson designed the building with windows on one side only, in stark contrast to the transparent design of the Glass House. The 49-acre property is a National Trust Historic Site.

After being closed for 17 years, The Brick House finally re-opened in early May. Altieri worked closely with Barbara A. Campagna, FAIA, FAPT, LEED AP BC+C, to ensure the renovation work remained sensitive to the historic value of the architecture. Read more about the project below.